Spears 2122 Series - Compact PVC Ball Valve w/ EPDM Seats
Spears 2122 Series Technical Specs
The Spears 2122 Series Includes the Following Sizes and Product Numbers:
- 1/2" - Spears 2122-005
- 3/4" - Spears 2122-007
- 1" - Spears 2122-010
- 1-1/4" - Spears 2122-012
- 1-1/2" - Spears 2122-015
- 2" - Spears 2122-020
- 3" - Spears 2122-030
- 4" - Spears 2122-040
- 6" - Spears 2122-060
Introducing the Spears 2122, a perfect example of how compact PVC ball valves only get better. Designed to handle higher pressures, as well as colder temperatures, these Schedule 80 compact PVC ball valves outperform Schedule 40 (housing thickness) normally used for aquaculture applications. Minimization of line torque occurrence and maximization of fluid control makes these shut-off valves perfect for many industrial applications.
Why Choose Spears 2122
A branch of the United States Plastic Corporation, Spears has been developing state-of-the-art valves and other thermoplastic products for over 40 years. Extensive research and testing, combined with CAD aided engineering, combine to produce PVC products that are renowned for their quality, reliability, and longevity.
Spears 2122 Series PVC Compact Ball Valve
- Full Port: All available sizes come with full ports, ensuring pressure is not lost as fluid travels through the valve.
- Connections: Connections are available in threaded or socket configurations.
- Pressure Rating: Pressure ratings vary with size, but 1/2" through 2" are rated for 235psi, while sizes 3" to 6" are rated for 150psi. Both ratings are based on Non-shock water at 73 degrees F.
- Self Adjusting PTFE Floating Seat: Chemical and heat resistant, these floating seats reduce seat wear and provide maximum seal.
- EPDM Seats: Certified for potable water use, the 2122 Series features abrasion resistant synthetic rubber seats that are long lasting and heat resistant.
- Strong Stem: This valve features the Spears trademark Safe-T-Shear stem, which was developed to prevent fluids from escaping the valve should damage to the stem occur.
- Strong Housing: Constructed of Schedule 80 PVC, these valve bodies are thicker and stronger, increasing impact, weathering, and corrosion resistance.
When to Use the 2122 Series
Though not recommended for air or gasses, this compact PVC ball valve is nonetheless chemical and corrosion resistant; is certified (NSF) safe for potable water; can be used for vacuum service; and is perfect for maintenance free installations. Schedule 80 thickness makes these valves ideal for use in cooler environments (such as cold water loops). PVC is compatible for the transport of a wide variety of chemicals, fluids, and other materials, and can be utilized for diverse industrial applications.
Where to Buy
When you need to install a piping system comprised of thermoplastics, it's best to use parts bought from a reliable supplier. We've been in the valve business for over 50 years. ValveMan.com is our name, and knowing all about valves is our expertise. That's because, unlike our competition, all we sell are valves. And we are proud to carry a wide variety of valves, including Spears products, and introduce the Spears 2122 Series compact PVC ball valve. We are a major supplier of industrial grade valves. It's what we sell, and what we do. And we do it better than anyone else.