Second to none in the industry, Easytork pneumatic valve actuators utilize a patented innovation in actuator technology that makes them more efficient and reliable than other market leading actuators. This design difference evolved out of a need to handle more torque, higher pressures, and larger flow capacities, and to do so as one of the most compact actuators available. Easytork actuators also boast the fewest moving parts of any actuator on the market today.
Called EVAs for short, Easytork Vane Actuators eliminate the need for springs by using an air reservoir instead. Not only does the elimination of springs reduce internal failures, it allows for a smaller actuator body to be employed. There is no spring fatigue or drift. Achieves the same fail-safe end of stroke torque requirement. In fail-safe, the solenoid assumes double action, and any vacuum created by spring movement is nonexistent. No corroding environmental air will ever get inside. Having eliminated any problems or wear associated with springs, the Easytork vane actuator otherwise has only one moving part: a rack & pinion transforms linear movement to rotary movement. Minimizing springs and other internal moving parts decreases failure rates, and increases the actuator's longevity.
The compact design of double acting Easytork actuators enables them to use a significantly lower amount of air than comparable single acting rack & pinion actuators, while retaining a superior 60% of torque--a 30% gain over single acting actuators. Other remarkable features of the vane design include:
- Internal air reservoir. Valve closure is insured, even during an air failure. This is achieved by taking advantage of the pressurized air in the reservoir.
- Replaceable shaft. A light weight integral vane shaft prolongs cycle life by reducing impact against stopper bolts. And the vane has a cartridge design, providing smooth and easy replacements.
- Double lip seal. A double lip seal provides increased tightness against the housing body as air pressure is increased.
- Extensive temperature range. Advanced grease and silicone material--completely bonded to the vane shaft--allow EVAs to operate in a wider range of temperature variations. EVAs are capable of withstanding temperatures between -40°F and 248°F.
- Function can be changed between fail-open and fail-close.
- Function can also be switched from double acting to fail safe.
- Utilizes a large air port for fast action.
- The elimination of the need for an "O" ring means less potential failure. Limited contact. Smooth, low friction operation is possible because there is minimal contact between the body housing and vane while full stroke is achieved.
- Shaft is never exposed to air pressure.
- 1 second cycle times are possible.
- 150psi pressure rating.
Easytork - Exceptional Design and Engineering
Easytork actuators were designed to supersede many of the typical problems associated with older styles. Increased efficiency, longevity, and reliability make other actuators seem obsolete. The result of patented innovations, Easytork actuators reduce installation and automation costs, are warranted for 2 years or 2 million cycles, and provide a quick return on investment. Easytork actuators are perfectly suited for use on butterfly valves, and will mount to any valve brand.
The Easytork Automation Corporation, headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, strives to continuously upgrade actuator technology through innovative, high quality products. Providing clients with simple, trouble free actuators is always at the forefront of the corporation's goals. Easytork pneumatic valve actuators are backed by over 30 years of experience.
If you have found this article informative and intriguing, you may enjoy reading:
There are no products listed under this brand.